Explanation of Features
- Real-time Antivirus: Continuously scans and monitors your PC for virus activity. This is the most important thing to consider in your antivirus software comparison.
- Manual Virus Scanning: Manual virus scans detect and remove viruses that may have secretly infected your PC.
- Virus Removal: How well does software remove viruses it detects? Here's one area where comparison shows big differences in performance.
- USB Virus Scanning: Measures effectiveness and ability to automatically scan USB img.ces like USB keychain/thumb drives for viruses.
- Anti-Spyware: Spyware and adware aren't just annoying, they can slow your PC down. Some spyware is even worse and can steal your data, your identity, and more.
- Installation: Antivirus software should install quickly, easily, and without fuss. Installation should be easy even for a novice.
- Resource Usage: Protecting a PC is important. Doing it while taking as little CPU and memory is just as important.
- User Interface: Is the software easy to use? Do the settings make sense? Is the software well organized? How well does the software compare?
- Tech Support: No one wants to call tech support. Ever. If you do need to contact support, are they helpful, responsive, and accountable?